Friday, October 3, 2008

Family Home Evening

Our family home evening consisted of two jars and a little object lesson. The topic was "love at home". After an afternoon of the girls arguing and fighting me on their chores, I decided this would be a great lesson. So I got these jars and labeled them. Each day the girls choose 3 jobs and they have to get them done before they go out and play. So far it has worked out okay. As for the kind words jar, when I catch them talking nice to each other then they get to add a marble. When the marbles reach a certain line then we get to decide on a fun activity together. This is a big hit. Hopefully this will work out. If anyone has any tips on the subject, please let me know.

The pictures of Kenzie below is Kenzie doing her chore. She always wants to do the dishes, so this time I let her. The dishwasher was empty and she loaded all of my dishes in. Of course without my help. She had to do it herself and she was so proud of it. Her poses and the crazy outfit that she picked out just add to the cuteness. Enjoy!





3 comments:

Heather M said...

Great idea! I love MacKenzie's style. Your title picture is sooo cute!!

Karen said...

It's never to early to teach your children to be modest! She is so cute... I can't believe she is only 3 and doing dishes, send her over to do mine!

Jared said...

Hey, be careful of those child labor laws haha. I did get your last comment, thanks it was good to hear from you too. It would be fun catch up, so if you want you can post you email on my blog, I moderate the comments so if you do I will make sure not to publish it. Anyway I hope your getting some sleep with that new little guy.